Monday, August 6, 2012

Uh Oh...

Fáilte go dtí mo bhlag! This morning, after Daid left for work and as Mam was working away on her first American novel (she's a writer, and has published quite a few books in Ireland), I slipped on my roller skates and headed towards the Southern MTTB. It's only a couple of miles away from my house, disguised as a bean factory. I've gotten pretty good at rollerskating, so it doesn't take very long for me to get there.

When I arrived, I skated through the door and towards the wing containing all of the 19th century time machines. Josefina, Kaya, and I had planned on meeting there each Monday, and had done so without fail since summer began. As I rounded a corner, a hand grabbed my shoulder. "Saoirse?" A familiar voice said.

I spun around, throwing my hands up in the air in surprise.


"Daid?!" I squeaked, my throat closing up in horror. Cad atá á dhéanamh aige anseo? I wondered. Sé ceaptha a bheith ag an obair!

His eyes mimicked the same terror I was feeling. "Cén fáth go bhfuil tú anseo? Conas a fuair tú anseo?" He whispered harshly.

I was stunned. Shocked. I didn't know how to respond. Suddenly, booking it out of there crossed my mind. I'm fast on roller skates--he wouldn't be able to catch up. And skating takes a lot less effort than running does, so he wouldn't be able to follow me all the way home. I knew that I would have to talk to him eventually, but I wanted time to think. Leaving seemed like a very plausible option.

So that's exactly what I did. I turned around, and skated towards the nearest exit as fast as I could.


I was so blinded by fear that I almost skated right into the wall next to me. I was out of the 19th century wing in a matter of seconds. I half expected to hear footsteps following behind me, but all I heard was Daid yelling, "Saoirse! Fan!"

It's been a few hours since I got home, and Daid still isn't here. I feel awfully guilty. Kaya, Josefina, and even the entire Southern MTTB counted on me keeping this secret--and I blew it. What if the Southern MTTB gets shut down because of my actions? Then I may never get to see Kaya or Josefina again!

Scriosta mé gach rud!

~Saoirse

4 comments:

  1. :O That's quite a shocker! I hope he didn't see anything really important or suspect anything. I know how important it is to keep these secrets, first hand. I wonder how he got there...and why is he at a "bean factory" when he should be at work, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dia duit, Dani!

      I was wondering that, too! I'm beginning to think that he might have followed me there, which also doesn't make sense because he had left for work hours before I had even gotten there.

      ~Saoirse

      Delete
  2. Salut, Saoirse!
    That's definitely a shocker, and I definitely feel there is some secret-keeping going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dia duit, Sabine!

      I agree. I was really caught off guard!

      ~Saoirse

      Delete