Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rangeley: Day Dhá

Dia duit agus fáilte a chur roimh mo bhlag! Today, Jess and I spent much of our day at a pond near our cabin. When we got there, I was amazed to see a ton of ducks following us around! They were so friendly, although part of me guesses that that was because they were hoping for some food...
 
First, Jess and I explored the cattails looking for baby frogs. Jess says that baby frogs don't look like frogs at all--they're actually kind of like fish!
 
 
"But how can a fish turn into a frog?" I asked.
 
"It's not REALLY a fish. It's a tadpole. It's kind of like how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly." She explained.
 
"Wait, are all fish just baby frogs, then?!" I cried in disbelief. "I've been eating baby frogs my entire life! That's disgusting!"
 
"No no no!" Jess argued. "Well," she said thoughtfully. "Some people do eat frog legs..."
 
After that little "episode", we headed onto a bridge that overlooked the water.
 
 
Suddenly, I screamed.
 
"What is it?!" Jess exclaimed.
 
"I think I just saw a baby frog!" I pointed at a shimmering fish that was now swimming away, but lost my balance and nearly fell headfirst into the water! Thankfully, Jess grabbed my arm right before I tumbled in, or else I really would have been swimming with the fishes!
 
 
On our way back to the cabin, Jess and I stopped to sun on some rocks that separated the pond from the rest of the cabins. Suddenly, as we watched the ducks squabble, a mother and baby deer pranced just a few feet in front of us! Unfortunately, they bolted into the woods as soon as I squealed, "Bambi!".
 
Before we headed inside, we stopped on our porch to watch the sun set.
 
 
 
It was álainn!

 
When we did finally go inside, Jess begged me to watch one of her favorite TV shows, "Dawson's Creek". It was ok, even though I didn't understand a lot of the things the characters talked about. I asked Jess what certain things meant, but all she said was that I'd learn when I was older. Oh well! Maybe I'll Google them tonight?
 

We even got Twizzlers! 


Oh wow, it's super late! I better be getting to bed. Dea-oíche!

~Saoirse

No comments:

Post a Comment