Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"New" Clothes

Dia duit! Welcome to my blog! All week it's been raining! I've been really wanting to take some pictures, but every time it looks like it's about to clear up, it starts pouring again! To give me something to do other than sit and moan on the couch, my mom asked me to help look through a box of things from her childhood.
Even though my mom is Irish, she moved to America for a few years in 1975 when she was 8 (the same age I moved to America!), so there was a huge mixture of two different cultures in the box. There was a cowgirl clapper, a doll with red hair and blue eyes, and a Cabbage Patch Kid. Towards the bottom of the box, though, were my favorite things--a swimsuit, sweatshirt, shorts, and roller skates from the 70s!



My mom told me that she got those when she was about my age, and said they might fit me. I tried them on and they fit perfectly!


The roller skates were my favorite part. I spent the rest of the day skating noisily around the house. So far I've been super clumsy, and haven't been able to skate very far without grabbing onto a wall for support!

That's it for today! I'll be having my 5th grade graduation soon, so I'll be posting about that in the near future!


Slán!

~Saoirse

1 comment:

  1. ZOMG, those are soooo cute! I love clothing from different generations. Lilly has all different kinds. I think my favorite is probably the swimsuit. Although, roller skates are pretty fun! Molly has some, and I've used them a couple of times. :)

    ReplyDelete