Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rangeley: Day Cúig

Dia duit gach duine! I finally have all the pictures from my fifth--and last--day at Rangeley!

Jess and I spent our last day at Rangeley swimming at Rangeley Lake. It was HUGE! There were also a lot of waves and creepy crayfish, so Jess and I didn't spend too long swimming. When we got out, we dried off on two forest green chairs overlooking the lake.



As I wrapped my 70s style towel around my shoulders, I thought of everything Jess and I had done here this past week. Sure, we had had some...erm...a lot of arguments, but overall I had a ton of fun! "I can't believe we're going back home tonight!" I complained. "It seems like we just got here."

Of course, Jess didn't have any interest in my nostalgia. She just rolled her eyes and whined, "Yeah, well, at least YOU don't have to fly all the way back to Michigan!"

I was about to retaliate when Jess jumped off her chair. She pointed to a thin path that led into the woods. "I wonder where this goes?"



She began jogging down it. "Come on Saoirse! Let's investigate like Nancy Drew!"

I began to mindlessly follow her, but stopped as I realized what I was doing. What if we ran into a coyote? Or a bear?! I suddenly became very reluctant to "investigate" this suspicious looking path.



"Wait Jess!" I called. "What if we get lost?"

Jess just laughed and continued walking. "We're not going to!" she shouted over her shoulder.

Not wanting to be alone, I hurried after Jess. The path twisted through the sparse forest and sometimes disappeared all together. I walked right on Jess' heels, occasionally stepping on them, until we came to a small clearing right at the edge of the lake.




I squealed with delight. "It's like a little beach! Omigosh, it's so CUTE!"

"Wow Saoirse, take a chill pill," Jess teased, sitting down on a large driftwood log. She patted the space next to her. "Come sit!"



We sat in silence for a while, until Jess finally spoke. "You know how earlier you said that you can't believe we already have to leave?"

I nodded, not knowing where this was going.

"Well, this past week was really a lot of fun. Maybe I'll come visit again next summer?"

I grinned. "That would be awesome!!!"

And that's the end of my Rangeley series! I hope everyone enjoyed seeing Jess' and I's adventures!

~Saoirse

No comments:

Post a Comment