Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th of July everyone! Even though I wasn't born in America, my family and I are naturalized citizens, and celebrate the 4th of July as much as anyone else. Unfortunately, much of Maine is experiencing severe thunderstorm warnings, so a lot of firework displays were canceled! When Daid told me that we won't be seeing fireworks until the 7th for L. L. Bean's 100th birthday, I whined. "Ach Daid! Cad é lá Saoirse gan tinte ealaíne? Thairis sin, is é seo ceann de mo laethanta saoire is fearr leat. Tá sé faoi gach saoirse; ainm dom!"

To my horror, Daid just laughed! "Ah Saoirse, beidh muid ag ceiliúradh tú neart i níos lú ná 20 lá. Ná bíodh imní ort! Beidh muid tinte ealaíne a fheiceáil, tá sé nach bhfuil ag dul ach a bheith lá atá inniu ann. Ní Mother Nature comhoibriú i gcónaí."

I glared at him, not knowing what else to say, and sulked up to my room. Why is it that one of my favorite holidays--the holiday that celebrates saoirse; freedom--has to be ruined!

~Saoirse

No comments:

Post a Comment